Bangkok – A three-metre python lurking in a toilet has bitten a Thai man on the penis, local media said Friday.
The 45-year-old man was rushed to hospital Thursday after being bitten by the snake at his home in Bangkok, local newspaper Daily News reported.
“I felt something bit my penis. When I saw the snake, I instinctively caught it with my hands so it could let me go,” the man, who got 15 stitches on his penis, told the newspaper.
“I should have been more careful. I saw a snake in another toilet in the house two months ago so I was using this one instead. But I didn’t realize the toilets could be connected,” he added.
Rescuers later caught the python in the house and released it back into the wild, the paper reported.
In 2016, another Thai man’s penis was bitten by a three-metre python lurking in his toilet. Neither of the men suffered permanent damage.
Snakes are common in the South-east Asian country. In Bangkok alone, nearly 35,000 snakes were reported to and caught by the Bangkok Fire and Rescue Department last year, doubling the figure from four years ago.
Most snakes found in the Thai capital are pythons and not poisonous, according to the department. (dpa)