JOHANNESBURG, July 23 – Home Affairs director general Mkuseli Apleni on Monday confirmed in a media briefing that he was stepping down after nearly 10 years at the department.
During the briefing by Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba, Apleni said he would be joining the private sector.
Apleni was reinstated to the post last year after challenging in court, then-minister Hlengiwe Mkhize’s decision to suspend him.
Asked about his tenure at home affairs, he said: “Life is not a bed or roses…but what is important is to look forward. I was supported by everyone.”
Gigaba said was unfortunate the department was losing a diligent public servant.
“It’s unfortunate we losing a public servant of his skill.” (ANA)