PHOTO: Supplied/SAPS FB

In The News South Africa

Eastern Cape man faces child rape charges in court

PORT ELIZABETH, October 5 –  A man charged with abducting, raping and assaulting two girls, aged five and six, is expected to make his second appearance in the New Brighton Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.
Earlier last month, parents of the two young girls reported them missing when they did not return home after they were last seen playing in an open field in the Chris Hani informal residential area. The two young girls are not related.
Eastern Cape police launched a large-scale search and started by searching for the girls at known friends and family in the area. The search was later scaled up by utilising more police members, the South African Police Service (SAPS) K9 unit as well as the SAPS helicopter with a search light.
Police made a breakthrough when the six-year-old girl was found behind the Chevrolet Stadium.
At the time, police spokesperson, Captain Andre Beetge, said that the girl was found severely assaulted with stab wounds on her head and body and was rushed to the Dora Nginza Hospital.
The girl managed to give the police information which led them to clamp down on a shack dwelling in Chris Hani, where the five-year-old girl was found with a 49-year-old man.
Medical examinations confirmed that both girls were raped, police said.
The man is facing charges of abduction, attempted murder and rape.

ANA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *